Thursday, June 30, 2011

Brownie Bites - why haven't I done this before?

DSC_2546

After inheriting a mini muffin pan, I put it in the cupboard and forgot about it for a while. Then, while spring cleaning, I found it like the little treasure it is. First I made regular muffins in it and the kids thought they were super. So I decided to try making brownie bites, because, well why the heck not?

I just used a brownie mix. No sense melting my good baking chocolate if I was going to burn the dickens out of something. I don’t know if you’ve had the same problem, but with Pillsbury mixes, I think the box is wrong. They always call for a half cup of oil and then my brownies end up holy and not in the good way. I still buy the Pillsbury brand, but I half the oil and they turn out great.

There isn’t a time on the box for mini brownies. Inconvenient to say the lest. I set the timer for 15 minutes; checked the brownies with a wooden skewer which is a fancy name for a toothpick; and pulled them out when the stick had only a few crumbs on it. With brownies, I’ve found, you have to leave them a little crumby or they are too hard.

Once cooled. I doll-uped a bit of cream cheese frosting before turning my munchers loose.

DSC_2547

No comments:

Post a Comment