Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday blues

Colkies birthday is looming close. Closer than I'd like. He's turning seven. That doesn't seem so old for a first born, but for a second? It horrendous. His old age aside, I'm excited for his birthday because he's excited for his birthday.

We went to the bakery to pick out cupcakes. I know what you are thinking. The bakery? Don't YOU bake?

I do.

Excessively.

But the school district has some odd rule that you can't bring home-cooked items to school. Posh I say! I have a current food handler's permit. But, alas, I must follow the rule.

So we placed an order and went on our merry little way. I had to pick them up this morning and will deliver them this afternoon so the kids can be all sugared up to ride the bus. (Sorry Ms. Bus driver!)

DSC_2462

All in all, it's a lot more effort and money than if I were to bake them at home. But they are super cool aren't they?

DSC_2464

No comments:

Post a Comment