Monday, July 30, 2012

Transitions

I found myself sorting through our stash of school supplies.
Crayons? More than enough.
#2 pencils? One unopened pack.
Markers? We only have green and purple left; all the others dried up and went the way of the trash can. Poor green and purple, what's wrong with you?

With school soon approaching - thank heavens my kids are on a tradition school year and I have three glorious months of sidewalk chalk and water slides - I've been mentally gearing up for the big splurge that is school shopping. The idea of taking all four children at once is somewhat overwhelming, but what's a girl to do?

The best part of this transitional time of year? I plan out my baking for the first week. Cookies on the first day of school as per tradition, cake for the second (after they've eaten their completely nutritious dinner of course,) pie for the forth day and then a surprise for the weekend. I still don't know what it's going to be...Any ideas? I want something that will knock their brand new sox off.

No comments:

Post a Comment