Friday, June 15, 2012

Fluffy cinnamon muffins

I had a bit of help making these muffins. In fact, Rub broke his first egg today. Five years old and he broke a perfect egg. I'm so proud!












He also learned how to measure a level teaspoon and how to work the hand mixer. (Turn it on AFTER you put it down in the stuff you want to mix up.) 

What you'll need:

1 1/2 cups wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon

What you do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Pour mixture into prepared muffin pan. (I sprayed the pan. Haven't tried this with muffin cups yet, let me know if you do and how they turn out.) Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

We had them with butter and strawberry jam. I wanted to serve them with maple and blueberry syrup, like pancakes; but then we were eating other things that I didn't want the syrup to blend into. You could do it though, it would be yummy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment