Friday, March 16, 2012

Luck O' The Irish

Preparations for St. Patty's Day:

Going on the potty after the kids go to sleep. (Along with a few drops of green food coloring in the bowl)

I thank Ye for the pot
For I truly had to pee
Too bad ye weren’t awake
Or Ye could have caught me.

Colkie's trap for pesky leprechauns: This
DSC_3031

Leads to this:
When the leprechaun goes inside to find the gold, he falls into the jug and can't get out. 
DSC_3032
Legend has it that if you catch a leprechaun you get three wishes before he can go free. I asked the boys what their wishes would be (if they each got one) and they said:


Bug: I wish (name) would think I was cute. (Oh heaven's am I there already?)
Colkie: I wish we could go to Disney World
Rub: I wish, every time a leprechaun came near, we could catch him.


Although Rub's wish is dangerously close to breaking the "you can't wish for more wishes rule" I think he was smart enough to get around it. Not bad for a 5-year old.

1 comment:

  1. I went to the leprechaun museum in Dublin and heard so many stories about the wee folk. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete