Monday, March 26, 2012

If you're thinking that's all frosting, you're gonna be disappointed...


DSC_3030

Pretty, isn't it?

I do like a good 'n fluffy frosting. This one was perfect. Actually, the reason I decided to share this post was not because of the fluffy frosting. It was because this was the perfect sized cake for my family of 6 (yeah I said it - 6!) to have for dessert and not have leftovers. 

How can this be?

It can be, be-cause it is only one layer. The layer does pop up in the middle. However, I was not going to stack it so I left the pop and frosted it well. My kids were so disappointed to learn that there was only 1/4 inch of frosting all the way around. Hubby, on the other hand, was quite relieved. He doesn't like frosting as much as a normal person should. In fact, (Gulp) he prefers his cake frosting-free. (He's a freak. I know. If I had known that when I married him...)

So here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy.
One Layer Cake
What you'll need:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
4 tablespoons of butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 8" round pan
Throw everything into a bowl and mix it up. (Really, you should probably combine the dry ingredients and then the wet and then mix them together. But I threw it in and it worked just fine.)
Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; about 17-25 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Frost with your favorite frosting. I used a whipped cream/powdered sugar/vanilla combo. Decorate as you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment