Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hosting Book Group

I belong to a book group. Have I mentioned that before? I may have. We are a small group of 8-11 women who take turns hosting in our homes and choosing books. I specifically requested this month because the writers' conference, LDS Storymakers falls in May and my dear, sweet ROCK STAR, friend, Kimberley Griffiths Little was coming into town. Her new book, Circle of Secrets, is amazing and I couldn't wait to share it with the ladies in the group.

The night turned out wonderful. Kimberley was so fun. She has such a love and interest in the South it's practically contagious. (Don't worry, I wont be dropping my WIP to start a new story on the swamp land. I am, however, eagerly anticipating HER next story.)

In my mind, no book club is complete without treats. So of course I put together a Circle of Secrets cupcake display. I also made fudge pops, peanut butter popcorn, and gram cracker cookies. For a drink I served bottled water. All of this was done in the blue to match the blue bottle tree in her book! I added a couple other fun touches like the blue bottle draped with a charm bracelet. To find out how it all works together, you'll have to read the book. No spoilers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment