Friday, May 11, 2012

Salt and Pepper Popcorn

This is a classic. In fact, if I'm going to pop something as a movie snack it will probably be this. (Though I do love a good cheesy popcorn - that I can't deny.)

On a side note, my mom found the red popcorn. (You can see it in the background) Yes red. I was curious because I have yellow tinted pop corns and they pop up yellow-ee and then white ones that stay really white. So I wondered if the red popped up red. It didn't. What was cool was the husk part stayed red. You can see it if you look close. Some 'flowers' have yellow centers and others have red ones. I think it would be a great thing to do for Valentine's Day or Christmas.


DSC_3145

Onward!

What you'll need:
2 tablespoons butter (not margarine) cut into small squares
1 tablespoon canola oil
2/3 cup popcorn kernels
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Put the butter, oil, popcorn, salt and pepper in your popcorn popper. (I use this one.) Turn it on and let it do its thing. Then enjoy. When you pop the popcorn in the pepper it infuses into the popcorn and adds just enough kick to make it interesting. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment