Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A what?

I came across the recipe for these "FUDGELS" when I was doing Christmas baking. I wanted to try them out because the idea was so inviting: a cross between a fudge and a truffle. Yumm-o. I have to warn you though. Once the secret gets out - your fudgels will disappear.

DSC_2925

They were invented by Ruth A Kendrick and Pauline H. Atkinson and the recipe comes from their book Candymaking.

I used half of a succor mold to get the great shape. First I poured the fudgel in the mold and let that set. I only filled them a little more than half way. Then I popped those out and dropped in a little melted candy coating. I pressed the fudgel in so that the chocolate went up the sides. Then I topped off the rest with a little more melted candy coating. I let them set before gently sliding them out. They were a great treat for New Years Eve.

What you'll need:
1 lb milk chocolate melted. (You can use candy coating)
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup marshmallow cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 drops peppermint oil

Butter an 8" square pan and set aside. Have melted chocolate ready. Combine milk and marshmallow cream in a small pan. Melt over low until marshmallow is incorporated. Stir in vanilla and mint. Pour all at once over melted chocolate and mix together. Put into prepared pan or use like I did and pour into molds.

No comments:

Post a Comment