Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Love Bars

DSC_2936If you love peanut butter...

If you love fudge...

Then you're going to love these cookie bars. I think they are actually called Peanut Butter Fudge bars but my kids thought that was WAY to boring of a name for such a delicious treat.

Side note: don't they look lovely in this jar? I hesitate to cut things baked in pans because they tend to dry out faster. However, this beautiful jar keeps them fresh as daisies.

Side note #2: I just had a thought. Maybe I could be one of those ladies that collects cookie jars! Yeah. I'm thinking 10 should do it. One for each season, one elegant one for entertaining, one everyday one for the kids and one hippie-chic one just to make me smile.

So go make yourself some Love Bars and if you see any great cookie jars let me know!

What you'll need:

1 pkg golden vanilla cake mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 extra large egg
1/4 cup butter
1 can sweet and condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Beat together cake mix, peanut butter and egg. Press 2/3 of the mixture (save the rest) into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for ten minutes.

In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter, milk and chocolate chips over low heat. Pour over baked crust. Top with the remaining 1/3 of peanut butter mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes or until light tan. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment