Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A new twist on an old fav

DSC_2531

These cookies were the bomb-diggidy when I was growing up. We loved them. But we had them flat, with the marshmallow covered in frosting.

I put my own twist on them by folding them over to make tacos. It saved my kids from gooey fingers and they turned out adorable. I would have loved to see them in my new cookie jar (Mother’s Day gift) but they just didn’t last that long. Hopefully, I get something in there soon that will stick around long enough for pictures.

Chocolate Tacos:

1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
6 T cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour milk
Chocolate frosting
Large marshmallows – cut in half
Mix everything together. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. One way to tell if chocolate cookies are done is to bang the pan on the counter. If the cookies drop, they are ready.

Place a marshmallow in the center of each cookie and return to the over. Remove from oven when marshmallows start to plump.

DSC_2532

Drizzle with chocolate frosting.

DSC_2533

Fold the cookie in half to make a taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment