Thursday, December 16, 2010

Not for kids

DSC_2423

For as long as I can remember, which gets longer every year, I have dipped chocolates with my extended family for Christmas. For the last few years, it has been just my mom and me. AS one of my favorite days of the year, Dipping Day has finally stretched its branches down the family tree to include my own children. With the exception of Bug, who had baseball practice, the kids all performed their jobs with the up most professionalism.

Colkie was a wonderful sprinkler of sprinkles. He is detail oriented and somewhat of a perfectionist. The job was perfect for him. Because he was the biggest help - he got the biggest bowl to lick.

Rub, he was a cupper. Staying behind after all the others had pooped out and gone home with dad, Rub patiently pulled the cups apart and gently set a chocolate in each.

As far as a taste-tester goes, Roo was fab. We kept the chocolate room a secret for fear that we would find her with her fists full of pilfered chocolates.

DSC_2425

We made: vanilla, vanilla nut, green mint, pink mint (which tastes no different than the green, however my brother swears the green is better), fudge, butterscotch fudge, orange, lemon, Carmel, sea salt Carmel, coconut, peanut butter truffle and marshmallow. Though tired, the payoff is worth the work. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. I'm going to eat a few - see ya later.

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy,
    Everything looks so yummy! You have very lucky relatives...I hope they appreciate it! LOL

    Merry Christmas, Becky

    ReplyDelete