Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Zucchini solution

Quandary – The neighbor gives you the biggest zucchini – ever! How do you get your kids to eat it?

If your kids are like my kids they want nothing to do with the dark green squash. They prefer familiar vegetables, like carrots, potatoes and the occasionally acceptable, but don’t make a habit of it, green bean. When it comes to convincing my kids to eat something new, it’s all in the presentation.

Voila – Enter the Chocolate Zucchini Bunt Cake (With peanut butter glaze.)

DSC_2205

Doesn’t it look good enough to eat? And with a full serving of zucchini in each delectable slice, you can sidestep your guilt when your kids ask for seconds. (Or when you grab a slice at 9:30 p.m. “I’m just making sure I get all my veggies in for the day, Hon.” Smile. Wink.)

DSC_2208

Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

P.S. I left out the chocolate chips (we were out) and the nuts (my kids won’t eat ‘em.) I also used peanut butter chips instead of chocolate in the glaze.

P.P.S. Thanks for the recipe – MOM!

ScannedImage

No comments:

Post a Comment